Daring Way™/Rising Strong™
The Daring Way™ and Rising Strong™ processes are both highly experiential methodologies based on the research of Brené Brown
This work is designed to provide time and space to dig deep into the things that get in the way of living the authentic lives we truly desire. Using metaphor, story-telling, and experiential and creative exercises, we examine the thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that are holding us back — and work to identify new choices and practices that will move us toward more authentic and wholehearted living.
Daring Way™ workshops and exercises designed to:
- Gain insight into barriers to intimacy and connection in relationships
- Identify the masks and strategies we use to avoid vulnerability
- Cultivate the courage to embrace all parts of ourselves
- Engage our sense of worthiness in our current relationships and cultivate hope for new ones
- Expand awareness of what is getting in the way of living wholeheartedly, of daring greatly.
Rising Strong™ workshops and exercises are designed to provide a process for dealing with the inevitable failures that come when we commit to living courageously.
Our life’s stories are not defined by how we fall, but how we get back up.
We learn to:
- Recognize emotion
- Get curious about our emotions, and how they connect with our thoughts and behavior
- Get honest about the stories we make up about our struggles
- Challenge our assumptions and confabulations
- Identify what’s truth, what’s self-protection, and what needs to change
- Write a new story based on what we’ve learned
- Allow this new story to change the way we engage with the world
I am a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF), which includes Rising Strong™ — and a long-time practitioner of mindfulness and self-compassion as well. These approaches inform and support all the coaching I do with my clients. This work has been profoundly healing for me personally, particularly antidoting the shame so often experienced in medical training and culture.
Join My Community
Receive tips and information about:
Preventing physician burnout | Improving both physician well-being and medical culture | Leadership and the Quadruple Aim in medicine | Use of Mindful Self-Compassion in medicine | Emotional Intelligence in medicine, and much, much more.